Re: Jessie iceweasel: This Connection is Untrusted

On Fri, Oct 01, 2021 at 01:20:01PM +0200, Thomas Schmitt wrote:

[...]

> So a brute force attempt would be to rename the two directories and
> the file to other names and to then copy the Debian 10 stuff to the
> original names. The new /etc/ssl/certs would start empty and be
> populated by update-ca-certificates(8).

Assuming Mozilla relies on those and doesn't have everything stashed
away locally. I don't even know where to start to find that out :-(

> Well, same old question: How bad an idea is this ?
> What should i read before making such theories ?

Actually, if you back up things, you don't have much to lose, have
you?

And then we'd have an answer to the above question, too ;-)

Here [1] is something about adding roots to a browser's little closed
world, in case the above fails.

Cheers & good luck

[1] https://wiki.mozilla.org/CA/AddRootToFirefox

 - t