Re: silence audio on locked screen?

On 27.09.2021 07:20, Richard Hector wrote:
Hi all,

I'm using buster with xfce4, pulseaudio, and (I think) light-locker.

When I lock my screen, audio continues to play (and system sounds are still heard).

This seems to me like a way to leak information, and is also annoying to anyone nearby. It's then annoying for me when I discover somebody has unplugged my headphones to make them shut up :-)

Any suggestions for making it be quiet? Perhaps a wishlist bug for light-locker? I don't know if it's even feasible, given the various combinations of audio system and screen lockers.

Cheers,
Richard

You can assign a special key to mute\unmute sound in xfce 'Keyboard' settings and mute audio manually before you lock screen. Pressing the same key again will unmute audio.
Choose among one of the F* keys or a key combination.
Exact command will be:
    pactl set-sink-mute @DEFAULT_SINK@ toggle

Note: "@DEFAULT_SINK@" is a special variable for pulseaudio that points to default sink. (duh..)

--