Re: Development permissions

	Hi.

On Fri, Sep 24, 2021 at 01:59:58PM +0200, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 24, 2021 at 12:27:56PM +0300, Reco wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > FUSE = slow + CPU wastage
> >
> > Using a filesystem the way it was intended is much cleaner solution.
>
> On the flip side, using an in-kernel file system is running code
> in kernel space which was conceived and written in happier times.

I cannot see what's exactly wrong with ext4 these days.
Unless you have something against IBM/RH that is.

And by using FUSE one does not get a magical safeguard against kernel
panics and processes in D-state.

> Back then you could more or less safely assume that a file system
> image wasn't out to kill you. These days, though...

Oh. Citation needed. Curious minds want to know.
How exactly one can produce a filesystem image that tries to get you?
Just in case, I'm asking out of mere curiosity, not with an intent on
using said image on somebody ;)

Reco