Re: Join the Debian Folding@Home Team!

On 9/21/21 1:08 PM, Alexis Geoffrey wrote:
Hello all,

For anyone who is unaware, the Folding@Home project is a distributed
computing project aimed to help scientists develop new therapeutics
for a variety of diseases by the means of simulating protein dynamics.
This includes the process of protein folding and the movements of
proteins, and is reliant on simulations run on volunteers' personal
computers.

I'd like to encourage everyone who is willing and able to contribute
your spare CPU/GPU cycles for Folding@Home to do so (for example, if
you have a home server, or a computer that is running fairly often),
and if you already are doing so, I encourage you to join the Debian
team.

I just started and joined the team myself, but our team only has about
7 active CPUs in the last 50 days. It would be great if more people
could contribute as part of the Debian community.

Here's a link to the team info: https://statsclassic.foldingathome.org/team/2019

For installation, you can download the Debian package from the
website: https://foldingathome.org/start-folding/. There is also a
Docker image and a vSphere Appliance available.

Thanks,
Alexis

Alexis,
I am currently running Fedora 31.  Can I participate?
Regards

--

Bob Crochelt MD, PhD, FACS
Ukiah, CA