Re: write only storage.

On Tue, 21 Sep 2021, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:

Write only storage - DVD-R or equivalent Blu-Ray - but make sure to end the
session. Deletion - feed through a paper shredder.

I already do that but currently that means I have roughly one month of
backups on network accessible storage before I write to disc.

A ransomware attack that exploits a zero day ssh vulnerability for
example wouldn't be a complete disaster - this is only home usage - but
it seems fairly trivial to create a 'worm' usb device using a pi. I
haven't tested yet but with a blu-ray burner attached too the pi could
write to disc once there's 25G written and then delete it.

I'm slightly surprised someone hasn't done something like this already.