Re: Make wider selectable edge in Mate windows

Em 18/09/2021 22:42, Jeremy Ardley escreveu:
> I'm running Mate on Debian 10.
>
> The problem is that the width of the window edge that you pull to change
> the size of a window seems to be only 1 pixel wide.
>
> I've heard of this problem in gnome along with some fixes, but I've not
> found any solution for Mate.
>
> Suggestions?

I also use Mate. Until a few days ago, I was in Debian 9. Now, i updated
to Debian 11. Most things in Mate are basically the same, for me.

The issue with 1 pixel borders is not for every window. Mate terminal
has wider lines to resize it; Thunderbird 52 too; Pluma too; gcalculator
too; vim too; Telegram too; snes9x too; vivaldi too.

In my opinion, there are *bad programs* that do not build their window
with best practices. I have seen a program that has 1 pixel borders, but
has bigger corners to resize the window. Have you tried the corners? I
do not remember which program it was. All i tested, right now, are good
with their borders.