Re: Your Thoughts on Printer Replacement

On Fri, Sep 17, 2021 at 04:38:27PM -0600, Charles Curley wrote:
> I have an HP Officejet Pro L7700, which is starting to show its age.
> Also HP has discontinued the standard size cartridges. I can get the
> large ones.
>
> First question:
>
> I print rarely. Inkjet or laser? Or other? The carts on the L7700 tend
> to go bad before they empty,

Laser, assuredly. I bought a Samsung a few years ago - unfortunately
that line has now been bought by HP but it's still good and reasonable.

Colour laser - certainly but the consumables are hight cost when you
have to replace them. For you that might be once a decade.

Networked is very necessary: duplex with a high quality feeder is a thing
I wish I'd been able to afford.

If you have an office supplies / print shop locally, there's a lot to be said
for printing long documents there and having them in a comb binder  even if you
have got a good printer.

I have a separate scanner (or two): unless you
go up to the top quality office printers, the MFP quality is not great for
scanning.

HP is the most likely to be readily available. It's worth pricing up the
quality of desktop space/power/wiring taken up vs. actual usage: best
printers do tend to be the larger models though I used a tiny mono printer
for a few years quite successfully.

Hope this helps,

Andy Cater