Your Thoughts on Printer Replacement

I have an HP Officejet Pro L7700, which is starting to show its age.
Also HP has discontinued the standard size cartridges. I can get the
large ones. I suspect I could buy a printer for what four large
cartridges would cost me.

Requirements:

* I print rarely, and I do use color. The carts on the L7700 tend to
  go bad before they empty, Inkjet or laser? Or other?

* Buster and Bullseye should both support any recommendations. I don't
  use Windows.

I've had good results with HP over the years, and they support Linux
well.

Reccomendations?

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?