Re: Per User Anti-spam Quarantine Reporting/Management

On Thu, Sep 16, 2021 at 08:08:43AM -0400, Tanstaafl wrote:
> Ok, a question about anti-spam software...
>
> My new server will be a multi-domain MX gateway/anti-spam system running
> postfix with postscreen enabled, and Amavisd-New+SpamAssassin (unless
> someone has a better suggestion).
>
> Since it has been a looong time - are there any better options for an
> anti-spam solution than just amavisd-new+spamassassin?
>
> I'm specifically interested in adding some kind of per user anti-spam
> quarantine+management+reporting capabilities (as opposed to just
> tag+deliver), if possible.

Well on a gateway, that is actually the only reasonable thing to do:
tag and deliver / not deliver

That's it (mostly).

A while ago I experimented with milter.
But be prepared to spend some serious development/testing time.
So, /I/ never came up with a stable workable solution.

if you also do lmtp, that is where you could setup some kind of
per user logic.
I run dovecot and I use sieve to file tagged emails into a spam
folder of each user.
That seems the easiest/most stable way.

[...]

> Thanks for any suggestions anyone might have...
>
> --
>
> Charles

-H

--