Re: old handicam movie camera and kino

On Sunday 29 August 2021 03:33:22 tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 28, 2021 at 09:25:40PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Did work 15 years ago, but despite a new PCI-E firewire card, does
> > not now work with kino, no remote controls.
>
> [...]
>
> > [21286.593537] firewire_core 0000:06:00.0: giving up on node ffc0:
> > reading config rom failed: bus reset
>
> No idea about firewire, but my brain extension [1] yields some
> leads which sound half-promising.
>
> Cheers
> [1]
> https://html.duckduckgo.com/html/?q=firewire_core+%22giving+up+on+node
>%22+%22reading+config+rom+failed%22+%22bus+reset%22 - t
Chased down some likely suspects, and got the camera controls working so
I can see the wedding on the tape in kino.

But if I try to unmute the audio, I get a steady stream of can't
open /dev/dsp so I'm still missing an audio codec I think.

Usual suspects? Probably alsa-something?.

Thanks Tomas.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis