Re: Courier Authdeamon problem after upgrade

Thank you for your advise!

i will add user to mail group and try again.

On 8/25/21 5:01 PM, Greg Wooledge wrote:
On Wed, Aug 25, 2021 at 04:14:51PM +0200, Philipp Ewald wrote:
i have upgrade my Debian 10 to 11 and notice that courier-authdeamon got problem with new permissions in /var/run/courier

This appears to be intentional and security-related.
See <http://bugs.debian.org/984810> and
<https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2021-28374>.

Debian 11:
#Type Path                    Mode UID     GID     Age Argument
     d /run/courier            0775 root    courier -   -
     d /run/courier/authdaemon 0750 courier courier -   -

But with this configuration authdaemon not working:

  ERR: authdaemon: s_connect() failed: Permission denied
  /usr/bin/maildrop: Temporary authentication failure.
status: deferred

Perhaps this should be considered a bug in maildrop, rather than in
courier-authdaemon.  I'm not familiar with maildrop or what privileges
it requires.  The package description says it runs setgid "mail", whereas
this authdaemon directory is only accessible to group "courier".  But I
don't know how to fix it without breaking other things.

--
Philipp Ewald
Administrator

DigiOnline GmbH, Probsteigasse 15 - 19, 50670 Köln
Fax: +49 221 6500-690, E-Mail: philipp.ewald@digionline.de

AG Köln HRB 27711, St.-Nr. 5215 5811 0640
Geschäftsführer: Werner Grafenhain

Informationen zum Datenschutz: www.digionline.de/ds