Re: metaSendsEscape not working after power outage

On Wed, Aug 18, 2021 at 10:03:34PM -0500, David Wright wrote:
> On Thu 19 Aug 2021 at 12:16:29 (+1000), Nicholas Croft wrote:
> >
> > After a power outage metaSendsEscape won't work for my main user.  It is defined in /etc/X11/app-defaults/XTerm and covers all users including root.  I added a new user and it works there.
> >
> > I've tried adding "xterm*metaSendsEscape:true" to my .Xdefaults and loading it with xrdb, but to no avail. I've rebooted as well.
> >
> > I pretty much depend on it....
> >
> > Any thoughts, other than saving my files, doing deluser and adduser again.
>
> No idea—except, could the power outage have flipped the NumLock state?
> It's only a guess. (Many keyboards have no indicator light.)

This hunch conflicts somewhat with the "new user is OK" observation.

Another hunch: have you looked into existing user's ~/.Xresources (or
similar user-owned X configuration tidbits)? Have you compared them to
those of the newly created user?

Cheers
 - t