Re: Relatively boring bullseye upgrade reports

On Mon, 16 Aug 2021 21:37:13 -0400
Dan Ritter <dsr@randomstring.org> wrote:

> rock: ASRock DeskMini 300 with a 3400G, 32GB RAM, NVMe disk.
> Used as an XFCE4 desktop.
>
> No issues at all.
>

> shield: Asus AM1I-A with AMD 5150 quad0core, 4GB RAM, SATA SSD,
> lots of gigabit ethernet nics.
> Used as router, firewall, and infrastructure server.
>
> No issues at all.
>

> tao: ASRock X570 motherboard, 3600, 64GB RAM, SSD root, SSD ZFS
> mirror pair, spinning ZFS RAID10.
> Runs all the server stuff for randomstring.org, including a
> Postgresql database, many web services, wiki, mail, and so forth
> and so on.
>
> No serious issues. Upgrading from php7.3 to php7.4 wasn't
> automatic and several packages needed to be installed by hand.
> ZFS went perfectly transparently. Postgresql 11 to 13 wasn't
> done automatically, but pg_upgradecluster makes it very very
> easy.

Another relatively boring one:

alice: a Dell R210 II rackmount server, Xeon E3-1240 v2, 16GB RAM, 3TB
Hitachi/HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 HDD, used as a bare metal server + VM /
docker / LXC host (some "production" and some hobbyist stuff)

No issues at all; the only hassle was dealing with the questions about
whether or not to install new configuration files (and manually copy
over any changes I've made to the old ones).

Celejar