USB CDC-NCM device failed obtain dhcp address

Hi,
I've got a USB device which is known by the system as a cdc-ncm adapter. The USB device should assign a specified IP for the adapter however it fails to receive an IP. The system is a Debian Buster 10.3 amd64.
The USB device was also connected to a Raspberry Pi with Raspbian Stretch and I found that the cdc-ncm adapter receives the IP address expected.
Any suggestions how I can fix it on Buster?
BR
Saeed