Re: Always run apt update before clicking on synaptic ?

On Sun, 15 Aug 2021, Brian wrote:
On Sun 15 Aug 2021 at 20:13:55 +0200, Roger Price wrote:

Does this mean that synaptic does _not_ call apt update, and that I should
always run apt update manually before clicking on synaptic?

Some experiments suggest that this is the case.

You would have to describe the experiments to have anywhere near a
convincing case that merited close attention.

 1. I added "contrib non-free" to the deb lines in /etc/apt/sources.list
 2. I ran synaptic, searched for "nvidia", and saw only 4 items.
 3. I ran apt update
 4. I ran synaptic, searched for "nvidia", and saw approximately 200 items.

Roger