HP plat fair with drivers?

On 11/8/21 00:14, Nicolas George wrote:
Based on past experience, I am favoring HP, because AFAIK they mostly
play fair about Libre drivers

Good afternoon

I'd like to agree that HP plays fair with drivers.

A friend bought a HP laptop last year. His favoured distro is Mint(bunt)
which I have found  provided good support for ALL wifi. But he had to
buy a plug-in USB dongle wifi.

Admittedly, we haven't been able to meet face to face long enough to try
harder with him.  I suggested he try a new Mint Edge complete with
kernel 5.11, but he can't find his  toy.   I reckon my wifi is working
much better than ever with the 5.11 kernel

I sat listening to Keith Packard at linux.conf.au 2016, quite impressed
with his support for OSS in general. Pity about this wifi card in his
laptop.  And no, I don't know model details. It was pretty cheap.

--
All the best

Keith Bainbridge

keith.bainbridge.3216@gmail.com