Re: [OFFTOPIC] Editing a file (was: percent char '%' in sudoers file)

On Tue, 10 Aug 2021, Roger Price wrote:

Young Stefan had fingers so fast
No filename was safe from the blast
   When emacs was "e"
   It was easy to see
sud(o)ers was not meant to last

This is fabulous. With two you get egg-roll, but with debian-user you get a...LIMERICK!

Who knew?

THANKS ALL for the spirited response to my sudo brief psychotic episode.

The package visudo not being installed on this system, su, then a permission change, permitted me to remove that darned space between '%' and 'sudo' on that line in /etc/sudoers with good old jed. After restoring the original permission and exiting su, I have sudo working as expected in and out of mc.

sudoedit refused even to launch after I began to monkey with various editors. It is now back at work if I need it.

Excelsior

--
...a society must incorporate the rationalizing
power symbolized by scientific knowledge, for

Holton, Gerald. 1985. On the Integrity of
Science: The Issues Since Bronowski. Leonardo
18 (4), Special Issue: Jacob Bronowski: A
Retrospective (1985): 229-232.