Re: All-in-One printer: HP OfficeJet 8012

On 8/10/21 7:14 AM, Nicolas George wrote:
Hi.

We need to replace an all-in-one printer-scanner, a HP Deskjet 3054A.

Based on past experience, I am favoring HP, because AFAIK they mostly
play fair about Libre drivers, and their ink is too expensive but not
insanely so. The HP OfficeJet 8012 seems the most interesting available
at my preferred vendor (LDLC).

As far as I can see, it would be supported through driverless printing
and sane-hpaio. Am I mistaken?

The vendor has other models has other models by Epson, Canon and
Brother. I remember these brands have caused trouble to users of Libre
software, unlike HP who develops its own Libre tools.
I have been using a Brother MFC-J6710DW for quite some time...it seems to be well supported using the Brother website
I do not know if it is truly Libre

it is defiantly time to replace it, I will investigate the HP OfficeJet 8012
I want to buy
according to my ethics. Has one of them turned its policy around enough
to warrant considering it?

Is there any other remark you may want to do about it?

(If your remark is along the lines: "not inkjet, laser" or "not
all-in-one, separate devices", save your time, I have already heard the
arguments and I know the constraints I am working with.)

Thanks in advance.

Regards,