Re: Off request

Hi,

On 2021-08-06 7:42 p.m., Eike Lantzsch ZP6CGE wrote:

> Reminds me of one occasion when someone was harshly attacked on a
> mailing list for writing all capitals - always.
> Turned out that the person was blind and had crippled hands and was
> posting by means of a braille reader and a special contraption for a
> keyboard. *That* was a time to eat one's words.
> All the best to y'all
> --
> Eike Lantzsch ZP6CGE

Commenting on a situation without really knowing the ins and out about
it is somewhat like behind blind and giving opinion on the colors of flower.

Maybe you should read a bit more of what happened here.

I doubt we can still give good intention to someone who publishes a
passport on a mailing list and that the only message easily
understandable, that make sense, is one of anger against fellow user but
was unable to write a complete sentence in the past 30 messages asking
for help and using subject like "HOW &??(*?*(".

Take a nice 10 minutes here if you feel like commenting.

Many users (including myself) explained what is "top posting" and how it
made conversation difficult, this was acknowledge by the user going by
name of "Gunnar", later on we explained why using meaningful subject
would help, again this was acknowledge but lasted for 2 messages, etc.

So we are far from the case of someone who would get harshly shacked up
for not having a good netiquette without getting proper notification. We
(I and others) have explained some of the usage and this was done in a
nicely fashion.

This reaction from user named Gunnar Gervin seem to be related to the
fact that there's some similarities with other poster sending spam and
trolling on the list, at the same time. Someone noticed and wrote about it.

What was the answer from Gunnar Grevin ? Not "I didn't do it" but "You
have no proof", somewhat like a kid who say "You have no proof I ate the
cookies". And his reaction was to publish someones passport
identification page... Just to add, publishing a identification page of
a passport, is a criminal offense in most jurisdiction.

--
Polyna-Maude R.-Summerside