Re: Re: debian-user list info and guidelines (FAQ) - posted monthly

Hi Brian,

Some of the people who have received temporary bans have then come back and
been relatively well behaved thereafter. As a member of the Debian Community
team, I'm certain that the listmasters have banned people for short periods
in the past. Rather than being judgmental or jumping to conclusions: consider
that it might not be advisable to identify individuals immediately on
request?

People on this list notice that I post the FAQ every month: it is probably
also worthwhile to say that the list is covered by the overall Debian
Code of Conduct - https://www.debian.org/code_of_conduct - which specifically
mentions temporary and permanent bans as a possible measure.

This is also true for #debian support channels on OFTC and Libera.Chat, for
example.

Hope this helps, all the best as ever,

Andy Cater