Re: Updating kernels impossible when /boot is getting full

On Sun 01 Aug 2021 at 21:55:15 (+0200), Kamil Jońca wrote:
> David Christensen <dpchrist@holgerdanske.com> writes:
>
> [...]
> >
> > A 500 GB boot partition would be enough for several kernels, etc., on
> > Debian 10 amd64.
>
> OP wrote about 500 _M_ bytes (0.5G), and I can confirm, this is rather
> little, when trying updating kernels.

Ah, good—you're a regular here, and more likely to respond.
Some of us are perplexed as to why 500MB is rather little,
or IOW, why are some initrd.img files so huge. The OP's are
bigger than 150MB, and their lsinitramfs listing could make
interesting here, but seems unlikely to be posted. Could you
elaborate on your experience?

Cheers,
David.