Re: [OFFTOPIC] Mass storage prices and form factor (was: ISO to external SSD)

On Tue, Aug 03, 2021 at 01:11:16PM -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:

[...]

Nice line up.

> I wonder what kind of drives are used nowadays in big datacenters (and
> whether the prices they pay for them looks anything like the ones
> above).

One cloud storage provider, Backblaze, regularly publishes reports on
harddisk reliability (they obviously have a lot of data on that :-)

AFAICR, they make a point on using "consumer" hardware.

Here [1] is their 2020 report, for the pathologically curious :)

(Note: I neither work for them nor am I their customer),

Cheers

[1] https://www.backblaze.com/blog/backblaze-hard-drive-stats-for-2020/

 - t