Re: burn iso to usb

Hi.
The different suggestions are not complete, are they??
Like:
pv -parle </path/to/file.iso >/dev/sdX
would rather be:
sudo pv -parle </path/to/debian-live-10.10.0-amd64-gnome.iso>/dev/sdb
And even not sure on that example as being correct. Please correct my possible failure/s in the above try.
As you can see, I`m trying a -64bit- because Macbook 2.1 might fit it. And Gnome because it seems more complete.
Saw another (relative) newbie said something similar concerning man pages in terminal: "Would be nice with example/s".
BR,
geg

On Mon, 2 Aug 2021 at 16:14, Anssi Saari <as@sci.fi> wrote:

>>> dd if=whatever.iso of=/dev/sdX
>> It's up to taste.
>
> Not at all.  The only right answer is:
>
>     pv -parIe </path/to/file.iso >/dev/sdX

Actually I'm not sure how good it is to have both -a and -r, pv doesn't
really show which rate counter is which...