Re: location of screenshots during debian install

On 2021-07-27 06:10 AM, Peter Ehlert wrote:

On 7/27/21 12:14 AM, Jupiter777 wrote:

hello,

I am in the middle of installing buster 10.10.x on my computer.

I see that I can take screenshots as the dialog boxes tell me:

  Screenshot Saved as /var/log/<filename>

But /var/log is not on the bootable  usb I am using ...

Where are the screenshots?  I like to  use them for troubleshooting?

short answer: If you complete the installation, the screenshots can also
be found in the directory /var/log/installer/ (after the reboot into the
installed system).

long answer:
https://wiki.debian.org/ScreenShots#Debian_Installer_GUI_screenshots

hello,

no, I can not complete the installation  either because of
what I do or what I don't know (how to do) ...

I was hoping screenshots debian installation advertises
may be something I can use to (a) research the problem on my own
or (b) share it with folks here to get help.

since (b) is obviously not an option, I continue on see
how far I can go in the install ...

Also,  thank you for sharing the https://screenshots.debian.net/

Do you know how I can use it?

I mean:  when I click on 'Upload' it appears to me the page is
telling me what I upload "must" be related to some topic or something!

What topic should I choose on the 'Upload' page  on
https://screenshots.debian.net/ ?

I may solve the issue myself but still it's good for me to know
how to use the https://screenshots.debian.net/ .....

Thank you,

thank you