Re: Debian Security

Hi,

On 2021-07-24 4:49 a.m., tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 01:07:24AM -0400, Polyna-Maude Racicot-Summerside wrote:
>> Hi !
>> How would you copy the debian security update repository ?
>
> What do you mean by "copy the repository"? Make local copies of all the
> packages in debian-security?
>
> In that case, perhaps debmirror [1] is for you. Otherwise I haven't
> understood what you are after.

Yes, I'm talking about doing a local copies of all packages in
debian-security.
I've tried using debmirror and it seems to fail because there's a file
missing on the debian-security repository. So I get a error using apt
update afterward.
I'll make a copy with debmirror and write the exact error message.

I'm thinking maybe aptly would be the best way.

I simply want to have a local copy of the security updates so I can
install machine really fast with some limited bandwidth. And I can't use
apt-cache because I want this to be on a hard disk and independant of
the network.

I am not running a hospital, a defense installation, a nuclear
installation or a chemical warfare plant so all the things about "having
a risk someone would corrupt my debian-security update server" is a big
too much. The same risk would apply to the normal repository (that I
already make local copy).

--
Polyna-Maude R.-Summerside