Problems with an X220 potentially related to linux-4.9.0-16-amd64 update

Hi!

A few days ago I've installed the linux-4.9.0-16-amd64 update on my
Stretch machine, a Lenovo X220 laptop. _After_ that (not yet sure
whether _because_ of that) the system started misbehaving, including:

 - hanging with backtraces on shutdown, once with enough of a working
   kernel for Alt-SysRq-EISUB to work, and once a complete hang
 - files on / suddenly turning out to be damaged (e.g. Firefox starts
   up well in the morning, then, without any updates, crashes in the
   afternoon and keeps crashing on startup; debsums -c shows 2 damaged
   *.so)
 - scary-looking error messages in dmesg, including "general protection
   fault", "swap_free: Bad swap file entry", "BUG: Bad page map in
   process", "BUG: Bad rss-counter state", "Bad pagetable". (Logs
   available if needed.)

I was going to blame this on the RAM or the SSD (the latter had been
bought in 2016), but I cannot get a conclusive proof of either being at
fault. Last night I ran 10 hours of memtest, then booted
linux-4.9.0-15-amd64 with "memtest" parameter added (no errors found
either way), ran everything I could think of (badblocks -n of the SSD
swap partition, `stress` with -c/-i/-m, some computations I usually
work on), but was unable to reproduce any problems.

I also tried hibernating and resuming the laptop, which gave me "Uhhuh.
NMI received for unknown reason 3c on CPU 0". Not sure if it's related
to the current bunch of problems, because I've always been getting it
from time to time, usually after resuming.

Does anyone have any hints on how to diagnose this further?

--
Best regards,
Ivan