Re: Root & Boot Trouble

But I liked your 'quarrel' and the funny stories.
geg

On Thu, 22 Jul 2021 at 19:02, Gunnar Gervin <dofeelok@gmail.com> wrote:
I seem to sort it out (or done already in Gparted "Clearing" format to remove old rubbish)
& then -probably- using LVM to set it up correctly using terminal instead of GUI.
Maybe I'll test Bullseye later, cos Debian Buster is the worst distro I ever tried, Windows included..

On Thu, 22 Jul 2021 at 11:10, Greg Wooledge <greg@wooledge.org> wrote:
On Thu, Jul 22, 2021 at 12:36:53PM +0300, Gunnar Gervin wrote:
> Description of happenings when I tried to install LMDE4 after I had Debian

I had to Google this to see what it *is*.  Google says,

 Download LMDE 4 Debbie. Information. LMDE is a Linux Mint project which
 stands for "Linux Mint Debian Edition".

So, LMDE (version 4 or whatever) is an entirely separate operating system.
It's not something you install on top of Debian.  It's something you
install *instead* of Debian.

If you want to remove Debian and replace it with LMDE, and if the LMDE
installer isn't working correctly for you, then you will need to contact
an LMDE mailing list instead of debian-user.  We simply do not know how
LMDE's installer works.