Re: kernel patch for "FULL FREEZE" branch /testing

On 22.07.21 13:49, Tixy wrote:
On Thu, 2021-07-22 at 12:23 +0200, Marco Möller wrote:
Hello everyone! The Debian development branch "bullseye"(/testing) is in
status "full freeze", if I am correctly informed, and packages from
/unstable are for quite some time already no more automatically moved
from /unstable to /testing.
Do you know how Debian handles situations like the current
CVE-2021-33909 patched kernel being already in /unstable but for sure
also /testing, the soon /stable, would benefit from receiving the patch
as provided in 5.10.46-2 ?
The patched version I am speaking about is this:
linux-image-5.10.0-8-amd64/unstable 5.10.46-2 amd64
In my "bullseye" installation, which I update daily, I still have
linux-image-5.10.0-7-amd64/testing,now 5.10.40-1 amd64

5.10.46-2 is now in testing, I've just updated to it.

Presumably the process is as described in full freeze announcement,
i.e. package developer makes unblock request to allow migration into
testing and release team grant it if they think it meets the criteria
for release.

It meanwhile arrived also in the mirror which I am using. Nice.

So, although it is full freeze time, the former kernel with all its already known and tested functionality will not be specially patched, but the new kernel is taken although it besides containing the patch might also bring changed functionality? Simply asking for curiosity, not that it would be of further importance for me.