I wrote fail word:
"It said Root is placed so far away"
"It said BOOT is placed so far away"

On Thu, 22 Jul 2021 at 12:36, Gunnar Gervin <dofeelok@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello all.
In bottom of this email is the Boot Repair Report in /etc/fstab.

Description of happenings when I tried to install LMDE4 after I had Debian i386 32bit Buster (only) on my old Macbook from 2007:
1. Burned an ISO image of lmde4 4.19 (4,8GB) on a dvd.
2. Pressed option key & pressed Power on button, dvd image came up, pressed it.
3. At the end of the installation process, I was told to put Root in a partition of minimum 30GB.
I pressed on Boot Repair, it was a program in Cinnamon. The Boot repair claimed that the Boot system was placed far from the start of the sda (harddisk); that the boot installer might not see it. It said that if it wouldn't mount hda it might not know where to mount it.
I opened "Disks", it looked like Gnome Disk Utility when I opened it.
Opened "Modify Flags" in "Disks", hatched "Boot" and "esp" on sda.
Tried mount hda2 (it suggested mnt/hda2). (Should I've used Default instead?
But it seemed not to give the correct option).
Made a partition of 30GB at start (left side), called hda1, hatched Boot & Esp.
Looked for "Root" in Flags. Saw Bios-grub option in Flags but it disappeared, never saw it again. Tried find help in Linux Mint but their communication system had become more difficult, or the machine couldn't cope in "live" mode only, I was too tired, &/or it was a typo in the "Nickserv" instruction they gave me.
Sent a help email to Boot Repair email, but no answer yet. Please help.
Like I said before, this culture of tech is mostly internal; basic knowledge, talent, or telepathy seem required, as well as dedication, energy & time in abundance.
BR,
geg.
PS
to boot.repair
At the end of the partitioning (, after I did my best -whatever that is- to mount
sda1 in Gnome Disk Utility), I couldn't see any way to e.g. Flag Root (hint- hint) in Gparted, or partition Root to anything close to the Installing program's satisfaction.
Attached is the Boot Repair program's report of what's wrong. It said Root is placed so far away from the start of sda(hdd) that the Installer may not see it(?).
I give up; I'm in way over my head.
Best regards,

# UNCONFIGURED FSTAB FOR BASE SYSTEM

overlay / overlay rw 0 0

tmpfs /tmp tmpfs nosuid,nodev 0 0

/dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1 EXT2 nosuid,nodev,nofail,x-gvfs-show 0 0

/dev/sda3 /mnt/sda3 EXT2 nosuid,nodev,nofail,x-gvfs-show,noauto,x-udisks-auth 0 0

/dev/sda2 none swap sw,x-udisks-auth,noauto 0 0