Re: where can i find a list of wireless adapter that debian support

On 7/19/21 10:46 AM, loushanguan2015@sina.com wrote:

> i hate to install firmware from non-free section
> in some instances free adapter perform better than non-free one
>
> i browse some e-shop, some vendor claim that you needn't driver for
> their adapter installation
> i guess driver is included somewhere in adapter, vendor say they can be
> installed in Windows
> after all chinese desktop market is dominated by Windows
> it's very difficult to install them in linux
> some web site offer instruction on how to install them in linux

Hi,

I haven't seen database with supported WiFi network cards for Linux but
if you have liked a particular WiFi adapter then you can search on
Internet to check if it's supported or not.

Another option is to test particular device with live image.

Kind regards
Georgi