Re: dns failover a record

On Mon, Jul 12, 2021 at 08:32:55AM -0400, Jeremy Hendricks wrote:
> The feature you need to look for is GSLB. I’d Google opensource and GSLB. I
> saw a few projects that should give you the functionality you need.
>
> On Mon, Jul 12, 2021 at 8:23 AM Dan Ritter <dsr@randomstring.org> wrote:
>
> > Gokan Atmaca wrote:
> > > I want to do dns failover. There is no such feature in the bind
> > > service. It has RR feature but no Failover. I have 2 services. I want
> > > the A record to change automatically when one is inaccessible. Is
> > > there a tool you can recommend for this ?

Please explore PowerDNS. In my previous employment, our GSLB (Geo Service Load
Balancing) team was using it to provide this kind of service. AFAIK, custom
plugins had to be written to do what you want. Not sure, if there are any out of
the box features available now. A talented engineer had implemented it back in
2010 something while being an intern in 3 months!

HTH,
didar

--
The reward for working hard is more hard work.