Re: linux-image-3.16.0-10-amd64 missing on security.debian.org

On Mon 12 Jul 2021 at 19:47:37 (+0000), mabi wrote:
> Thank you Dan for your hint regarding the archive.debian.org APT repo. I have now the following in my sources.list file:
>
> deb http://archive.debian.org/debian/ jessie contrib main non-free
> deb http://security.debian.org/ jessie/updates main contrib non-free
>
> Unfortunately it still does not work as you can see below:

Change   http://security.debian.org/
to       http://security.debian.org/debian-security

Your sources.list generated the URL:
http://security.debian.org/pool/updates/main/l/linux/linux-image-3.16.0-10-amd64_3.16.81-1_amd64.deb
whereas this file is available through https://packages.debian.org/ links:
http://security.debian.org/debian-security/pool/updates/main/l/linux/linux-image-3.16.0-10-amd64_3.16.81-1_amd64.deb

I think this change may have come with stretch, but seems to have been
enacted retrospectively. (I haven't found a reference to the change.)

BTW it might be worth posting why you're still running jessie.
People may be able to advise on how you might deal with what
you see as reasons not to change.

Cheers,
David.