Re: Writing angry comments inside code and forgetting that opensource means world will read you

Hi,

Polyna-Maude Racicot-Summerside quoted:
> # XXX OLD API IS DISABLED (fucking faggots)

(Conveniently already marked as "XXX" language.)

grep finds in linux-source-4.19 the first f-word (with or without "ing")
at 30 occasions with a wide range of actual meanings.

Self-irony:
  ./drivers/scsi/qlogicpti.h:/* Am I fucking pedantic or what? */

Self-pity:
  ./net/core/skbuff.c:                    /* Fuck, we are miserable poor guys... */

Jokingly cursing against the establishment (maybe by the establishment
himself):
  ./lib/vsprintf.c: * Wirzenius wrote this portably, Torvalds fucked it up :-)

Astonishment:
  ./drivers/media/i2c/bt819.c:                                       BUG? Why does turning the chroma comb on fuck up color?

Pedagogics:
  ./Documentation/kernel-hacking/locking.rst:If you don't see why, please stay the fuck away from my code.

Outmost warning:
  ./arch/m68k/include/asm/sun3ints.h:/* master list of VME vectors -- don't fuck with this */

The other f-word is not present in the kernel sources.
(Maybe because bleep-ing Windows bleeps call us "Linux fags" ?)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas