Re: Cool down... [was: Buster no release file]

On Sunday 11 July 2021 08:29:52 tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 11, 2021 at 01:05:44PM +0100, mick crane wrote:
> > On 2021-07-11 12:01, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > >So please, pretty please: calm down :)
> >
> > You are correct, I have no idea of the individuals.
>
> Thanks :)
>
> > Guess I am overwhelmed by the turn society has taken.
>
> Who is not. Life's always beeen outrageous (I'm an old guy, believe me
> :)
>
> I think the art is to use that ourtrage to try to change things,
> instead of slinging it at one's co-humans (who might themselves be
> outraged, but from a different POV and thusly for different reasons).
> Not that *I* manage as I wish I did...

Me too Tomas, and I think I have at least a decade on you, if I don't get
shot for refusing the shot, I'll be 87 in early October. I found a daily
St. Johns Wort in my pilltainer helps to tame the raging bull in me. But
not enough to make me take back what I didn't sell. :)

> > Next we will be banning variable names for being inappropriate.

Already happening, sorry to say.

> I'm sure that happens somewhere, some time. OTOH, worse things happen,
> too. Someone is being murdered right now. Kids are starving, deprived
> of schooling, being abused of or forced to work. Lotsa things to do!

Most of the above is mans own inhumanity to man, but being forced to work
is not necessarily abuse, it was the rule in the house I grew up in with
a stepfather, who was first an honest man and taught me by example in
that dept, so one of the rules was I went to school or I got a job. I
helped him build a house on a cut off corner of a field my grandfather
gave us in the aftermath of WW_II in 1946, and at 12 years old, I wired
that house for electricity.  And when I turned 21 and could, I thought
enough of the man who raised me to change my name to match his. That is
respect. And it didn't cost an arm and leg for the adoption papers which
in Iowa, are a legal racket for the lawyers.

> Cheers

Back at-cha Tomas.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)