Re: Buster error no release file

On 7/7/21, kris <kris@dreamwaresystems.com> wrote:
> Install completed but when open software in desktop no release file
> error.
> Where do I obtain file and how do I install it?

Hi, kris.. I'm "just" an everyday Debian User who tried a quick search
by using your error wording there. This came back about Ubuntu which
works similar to Debian but with their own personal developer tweaks:

https://itsfoss.com/repository-does-not-have-release-file-error-ubuntu/

Yes, that's talking about repositories, but it still sounds like a
good place to start looking. That could still be a possible
explanation for a similar error popping up related to the software
that would be downloaded and installed from those repositories.

If that method doesn't work, what might help other Users help you is
if you can provide the name of whatever installer you used, e.g. an
ISO file name or similar. It might also help to share the entire
contents of your "/etc/apt/sources.list" file if you find one on your
setup.

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey