Re: Suggested way to ssh into obsolete devices (with old ssh crypto)?

On Tue, Jul 06, 2021 at 03:20:43PM -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:
If they have buffer overflow-style holes, those should be fixed.
Other than that I can't see how they can be less secure than the "none" cipher.
I guess since the "none" cipher isn't supported in debian's ssh

Good point.

you will just drop this questionable line of argument?

It just moves it to first arguing in favor of supporting `none`.

Luckily for the majority of users, the ssh devs aren't likely to suddenly decide to reduce the security of ssh no matter how loudly someone asks them to.

Really, if you don't care about security just use telnet.