Re: Memory allocation failed during fsck of large EXT4 filesystem

/ and /home are fine on the system. The data on the affected filesystem is a collection of data from different remote sites, so it could be restored but that would take a lot of time. That's why I would like to fix the filesystem so that I can then use more intelligent recovery methods that do not need to copy every file.

Am Mo., 5. Juli 2021 um 23:21 Uhr schrieb Thomas D. Dean <tomdean@wavecable.com>:
On 7/5/21 1:54 PM, Michael Stone wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 05, 2021 at 12:53:39PM +0300, IL Ka wrote:
>> 7TB seems like too much for one partition imho.
>> Consider splitting it into the parts
>
> That's silly. It's 2021; 7TB isn't particularly large and there's no
> value in breaking things into multiple partitions for no reason.

Maybe to have the ability to restore or reinstall the system without
bothering /home?