Re: 2 NIC's

On Mon, Jul 05, 2021 at 07:38:42PM +0800, Jeremy Ardley wrote:

> On 5/7/21 6:44 pm, David wrote:
> >Dear All,
> >
> >I am trying to get a thin client running with 2 NIC's and failing.

[...]

> >If eth0 & eth1 are both connected to the local network I can SSH into
> >the thin client. If I connect eth1 to the public network I cannot SSH
> >into the unit, from either addresses.

> What is the value of /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward ?
> (and/or ipv6 if necessary)

Yes: ip_forward should be 1.

Besides, and judging from the paragraph quoted above, your box seems
to lose the route to the local network (192.168.xxx.xxx) once the
other is connected.

Could you tell us:

 - what the netmasks are
 - the output of "ip route list" (or of "route -n"), best before
   you connect eth1 and after?

Is your box perhaps requesting (and getting) an IP address via
DHCP at the moment you connect eth1?

Cheers
 - t