Re: why pdf file at archive.org is so slow to open

On 7/4/21, loushanguan2015@sina.com <loushanguan2015@sina.com> wrote:

> Thanks!it has nothing to do with downloadi have saved it to home
> directoryand then open it with acrobat for linuxit's slow when i browse it
> what cpu do you use?my cpu is old and cheap

Hi.. I saw some of the other of this thread where you named a couple
of viewers. Have you tried Atril, too? I can't say that the speed will
be any different, but sometimes good things happen. :)

Atril's in the main repository for me in Bullseye. Its short
"apt-cache search" description says it's a MATE desktop environment
viewer, but I have it installed on XFCE4. I just fake purged it to see
what else it would uninstall. Only 4 other packages, for whatever that
might be worth per each, our own personalized Debian installs.

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey

* runs with birdseed *