Re: [OT, maybe]

On 01-07-2021 06:18, Joe wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jun 2021 11:02:43 -0500
> "Thompson, Brian" <brian@hashvault.io> wrote:
>

>> Is this mailing list usually used for philosophical debates,
>> persuasion, and
>> primitive name-calling?  Genuinely curious so that I can unsub if it
>> is.
>>

> If you've subscribed for any length of time, you'll already know the
> answer to that.
>
> I've pointed out a number of times that the list is called
> 'debian-user', not 'debian-problems' or similar, and we're mostly
> Debian users here. I use a very advanced mail client which displays the
> subject header and threading, so I can decide for myself what to read
> and what not to waste time on.

Yes, it's very easy.
Just select all the ones, on whatever subject matter you don't wish to
concern yourself with, while holding down your Ctrl key, then hit
delete.
Debian is concerned with more than just the dealing of technical
computer/software problems: it has a substantial involvement in the
realm of philosophy, too, along with a need for the sort of social
interaction which melds community spirit, also.
Cheers!

Harry.
--
`When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty'
-- Thomas Jefferson