Re: X server running on a different machine [Re: Wanted: a special purpose Debian installer]

On Wed 30 Jun 2021 at 13:31:37 +0100, mick crane wrote:

> On 2021-06-30 10:59, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 29, 2021 at 02:43:28PM -0400, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > > DO NOT USE xhost + WITH ssh -X OR ssh -Y
> > >
> > > That was the fucking point.
> >
> > Calm down. I understand security is close to your heart,
> > but there's no need to be so vitriolic and borderline
> > insulting about it.
> >
> > There are nicer ways to drive the point home that, nowadays,
> > "xhost +" isn't a good idea, generally.
>
> "f" word is very ancient English word which gives added emphasis especially
> when unexpected
> Doesn't bother me but as you say is inappropriate on mailing list and I'm
> sure it's a one-off.

It is inappropriate anywhere in public. You are not bothered by this?
I am and so are others. Just so you know.

By all means use it with your parents, children and grandparents. Keep
it in the family and don't subject the rest of us to it.

Your use of a euphanism is interesting. The "E" word?

--
Brian.