Re: Bullseye (mostly) not booting on Proliant DL380 G7

Trace dump suggests that crash occurs while executing cpuidle module.
Try to boot with "intel_pstate=force" kernel parameter [1] to force different CPU driver (if CPU supports it) and\or "cpuidle.off=1" to disable cpuidle subsystem.

Thank you Alexander and Georgi (thanks for the link!) for your answers. highly appreciate it!

I have tried the additional kernel parameters intel_pstate=force and cpuidle.off=1 but unfortunately this didn't solve the problem. The freeze still happened at around 50% of the boots.

I now wiped Bullseye and installed Buster. The very same server was rebooted at least 10 times without any hiccup/freeze/crash.
Seems there are indeed some major issues which are not solved yet. If they come from Debian Installer, they may be related to bug #987441 (https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=987441).
Or if they are Kernel related (Buster uses 4.19, Bullseye 5.10) it might be a completely different problem.