Re: firmware: Davicom DM96xx USB 10/100 Ether ... (which package do I need for that Ethernet interface?)

On 6/26/21, Reco <recoverym4n@enotuniq.net> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 26, 2021 at 07:22:36PM +0000, Albretch Mueller wrote:
>>  Are you sure I don't need any extra drivers?
>
> Depends on what you mean by here.
>
> Does dm9601 need a firmware? No, modinfo says it plain and clear.
> Does dm9601 need some other kernel modules to be loaded? Yes, it needs
> usbnet, usbcore and mii, but both udev and modinfo take care of that.

 So, basically, Linux is registering/handling that USB-RJ47 interface
fine. What could then be causing some sort of impedance? How can I
troubleshoot such issues more in depth to be able to determine to
which extent it depend on hw or sw?