Re: add disk to LVM

On 2021-06-27 12:30, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
On 2021-06-27 10:32, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

>>/dev/sdb1 is one whole disk ext4 partition that I usually unmount
>>and mount in a directory in /home to save files in. I should
>>probably have added it to fstab.
>
>OK. Not necessarily in fstab. It depends on what you want to do.
>
>Cheers
> - t

Thanks, I'll leave the LVM alone.
Where would I stop the automagical mounting of the disk ...

This depends on who or what is automounting your disk.
AFAIK there are several possibilities (I use none, so take my
knowledge with two fists of salt). Perhaps your system log tells
you what is doing the automounting.

and mount it on a directory at boot ?

Wait: this is orthogonal to the above. Usually, whatever you want
mounted at boot is in /etc/fstab (or, perhaps, in some systemd
unit files, although I'm more-than-hazy on this one). But this
wouldn't make much sense with removable media, I guess.

But you can choose to do none of the above (in my case, I always
mount removable media explicitly.

Cheers
 - t
The disk is connected to SATA inside the case
PS, I'm sorry about having Reply-To me in the emails. If I change to List then ISP won't send.
Probably I should delete the reply-to before sending.

mick
--
Key ID    4BFEBB31