Re: Messed up Email

On Jo, 24 iun 21, 14:13:42, Dan Ritter wrote:

> At the other end is anything where you can't use a client or a
> server that isn't produced/managed by the central authority.
> Despite Signal making some of their source available, you can't
> write your own Signal client and have it talk to their official
> servers.

Sure, and I don't remember disputing this.

But let's not conflate the Signal software (client, server, etc.), the
Signal protocol and the Signal *service*.

Could you elaborate on why in your opinion an entity providing a service
should automatically accept connections from third-party clients and/or
federate with other service providers?

https://github.com/LibreSignal/LibreSignal/issues/37#issuecomment-217231557

(as is implied from that, Signal did at some point federate)

Or could you explain why Matrix (which as far as I know is already both
federated and open to any client) is not enough?

Kind regards,
Andrei