At least a partial solution - was [Re: Font color selection in MATE terminal]

On 06/23/2021 04:32 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:
On 06/22/2021 11:23 AM, Siard wrote:
On Tue, 22 Jun 2021 17:32:55, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
On Ma, 22 iun 21, 08:14:08, Richard Owlett wrote:
I have vision problems.
I *MUST* have black on white text in all cases.
The program I'm running gives out colored text.
The MATE Help screen is NOT helpful.
Help please.

This has already been addressed before: you must change the color scheme
in the setting for MATE Terminal, to have it use black/dark gray/etc. as
needed for everything related to text.

The exact steps are different for each terminal emulator and I don't
have MATE Terminal installed here.

Well, I have. In the MATE Terminal settings (Edit > Profile Preferences),
tab 'Colors', under 'Palette', set 'Built-in schemes' to 'Custom' and
change every color in the color palette to black.

Here is a screenshot:
https://i.postimg.cc/2yv17y3Y/mateterminalcolors.png

I tried that yesterday and it didn't work.
I tried it again this morning, after a good night's sleep.
It still didn't work. BUT it finally registered that the settings I changed were *NOT* being kept as in your screenshot.

I am running Debian 9.13 with MATE Terminal 1.16.3
Are you using the same?
Suggestions?
Thank you.

I have a secondary machine with Debian 10.7 which uses
MATE Terminal 1.20.2. That does save changes made using
Edit->Profile Preferences. I don't know yet if that solves all my problems with the local version of cht.sh discussed elsewhere.