Re: Gmail's special approach to Email [was: Re: Messed up Email] (SOLVED)

Thank all of you for your replies,

Andrei's missive below was the fix I needed. After unsubscribing "All-Mail" and one other folder, I restarted Thunderbird and my problem disappeared. All my mail now passes through my InBox and is processed by my local filters. Just what I wanted.

Gary R.