Re: Hi there, test only, please ignore

On Mon 21 Jun 2021 at 15:39:24 (-0400), Polyna-Maude Racicot-Summerside wrote:
> On 2021-06-21 3:31 p.m., David Wright wrote:
> >>
> >> I got your test message. As it happens, we just went live with DMARC,
> >> and have reason to do some testing ourselves.
> >
> > I need to do some testing too. For 10 months I haven't been able to
> > submit via my email hosting server, and since Saturday I can't submit
> > via my ISP. Just this email list.
> >
> Only this list sends me a huge amount of error regarding DMARC but no
> other email server does !

Well /my/ problem with debian-user is that when my hosting service's
outgoing server connects, debian immediately initiates making an email
connection in the reverse direction. For one reason of another, that
fails, so the post is rejected. Of course, I don't find out about it
for several days. That started happening last August.

So I switched to using my ISP for submission. Then in May, they
changed their policy so that the envelope sender had to match their
email servers (which I don't use). I made that change, which worked
until Saturday morning, when emails to debian-user were rejected for
a Sender's Domain problem, only — err: (1) the domain is their own,
and (2) I could post to a different list using exactly the same
authentication methods.

So the test mail I sent was actually to get some debuglevel 5 output
from mutt to send to my ISP, contrasting debian-user with the list
that worked. I'm guessing I wasn't alone, and Monday morning's shift
corrected a Friday evening cockup after someone had reported it.

Cheers,
David.