Re: A feasible method to add examples to man pages?

On 21.06.21 17:29, Richard Owlett wrote:
Many see the need for examples to be associated with man pages.
Sometime back a post mentioned a web page that could return examples for most(all??) Linux commands. I failed to bookmark it and have not rediscovered it since.

In another forum I was pointed to https://cht.sh/ .
Going to  https://cht.sh/XXX ; will return a list of examples for XXX.

Along the right side of each page of /manpages.debian.org/... there is a list of links to various topics.

Would it be proper/reasonable/practical/??? to add an entry of the form https://cht.sh/XXX ?

Comments?
TIA

For displaying examples I am using the tldr command provided by package "tldr".
This client's web page is here:
https://github.com/psibi/tldr-hs#readme

The general tldr site is here:
https://tldr.sh/
There are also several web pages which search and display the information from the tldr examples collection, like this one:
https://tldr.ostera.io/

The project invites to participate by adding examples to its collection.
Following for years the upcoming discussions about the wish to enhance man pages by adding examples to it but confronting the situation that man pages are usually maintained by the package maintainers and not all of them are in favor of adding examples to the man pages, I think that the normal users are best served by supporting as a community an examples collection like the above mentioned tldr project.

Just my view as a user.
Marco.