Re: apt-key says deprecated, but not saying what else to use

On Sun, 20 Jun 2021 10:21:52 -0400
Dan Ritter <dsr@randomstring.org> wrote:

> Now, it sounds like you also have a problem with machines
> getting randomly assigned IP addresses. In a network of size 7,
> I would strongly advise you to stop using DHCP and just put in
> static IP assignments for each machine in
> /etc/network/interfaces.

That certainly will work. Since Gene already has dhcp up and running,
he can also use it to assign fixed ip addresses, e.g.:

host orca                       # Lenovo T61
{
   option host-name "orca";
   hardware ethernet 00:13:8E:BA:7E:59;
   fixed-address 192.168.101.18;